* Indicate students in Liu Lab
14. Xu C*, Thiruvadi VS**, Whitmore R**, and Liu H. “Delivery Systems for Biomedical Applications: Basic Introduction, Research Frontiers and Clinical Translations,” in Biomaterials in Translational Medicine, Lei Yang, Sarit Bhaduri, and Thomas J. Webster (eds.), Elsevier Science Publishing, pp.93-116, 2019. Chapter DOI: 10.1016/B978-0-12-813477-1.00005-0.
13. Johnson I*, Lin J*, and Liu H. “Surface Modification and Coatings for Controlling the Degradation and Bioactivity of Magnesium Alloys for Medical Applications,” in Orthopedic Biomaterials, Bingyun Li and Thomas J. Webster (eds.), Springer International Publishing, pp. 331-363, 2017. Chapter DOI:10.1007/978-3-319-73664-8_13.
12. Tian Q*, Rivera-Castaneda L*, Dunn ZS*, Liu H. “Bioceramics for Orthopedic Device Applications: Hydroxyapatite,” in Nanobioceramics for Healthcare Applications, Eng San Thian, Jie Huang, Mamoru Aizawa (eds.), World Scientific Publishing, pp. 49-78, 2017.
11. Nguyen N*, Liu H. “Antimicrobial Properties of Nanomaterials,” in Biomedical Nanomaterials: From Design To Implementation, Thomas J. Webster and Hilal Yazici (eds.), The Institution of Engineering and Technology, pp. 159-180, 2016.
10. Jiang W*, Liu H. “Nanocomposites for Bone Repair and Osteointegration with Soft Tissues,” in Nanocomposites for Musculoskeletal Tissue Regeneration, 1st Edition, Huinan Liu (ed.), Woodhead Publishing, pp. 239-256, 2016.
9. Augello C*, Liu H. “Surface Modification of Magnesium by Functional Polymer Coatings for Neural Applications,” in Surface Modification of Magnesium and its Alloys for Biomedical Applications, T.S.N. Sankara Narayanan, Il-Song Park, and Min-Ho Lee (eds.), Woodhead Publishing, pp. 335-353, 2015.
8. Cipriano AF*, Liu H. “Nanomaterials for Ligament Regeneration”, in Nanomaterials in Tissue Engineering: Characterization, Fabrication and Applications, Gaharwar AK, Sant S, Hancock MJ, Hacking SA (eds.), Woodhead Publishing, pp. 334-360, 2013.
7. Ergun C, Webster TJ, Gunes G, Bahadir A, Liu H, Erden I. “Synthesis and Characterization of Al, Ag, Ti, Cu, and B Substituted Hydroxylapatite”, in Characterization of Minerals, Metals, and Materials, Hwang JY, Monteiro SN, Bai CG, Carpenter J, Cai M, Firrao D and Kim BG (eds.), John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ, USA. pp. 131-137, 2012.
6. Lock JY*, Liu H. “Nanocomposites for Cartilage Regeneration”, in Nanomedicine: Technologies and Applications, Webster TJ (ed.), Woodhead Publishing, pp. 624-661, 2012.
5. Liu H. “Biodegradable Metals and Responsive Biosensors for Musculoskeletal Applications”, in Nanotechnology Enabled In Situ Sensors for Monitoring Health, Webster TJ (ed), Springer, pp. 115-138, 2010.
4. Liu H and Webster TJ. “Nanophase Hydroxyapatite in Biodegradable Polymer Composites as Novel Drug-Carrying Implants for Treating Bone Diseases at Targeted Sites”, in Advances in Biomedical and Biomimetic Materials: Ceramic Transactions Volume 206, Narayan RJ, Kumta PN, and Wagner WR (eds.), John Wiley & Sons Inc. pp. 185-191, 2009.
3. Liu H and Webster TJ. “Nanomaterials as Improved Implants: A Review of Recent Studies”, in Advances in Bioceramics and Porous Ceramics: Ceramic Engineering and Science Proceedings Volume 29 Issue 7, Narayan R and Colombo P (eds.), John Wiley & Sons Inc. pp. 165-180, 2008.
2. Liu H, Park G and Webster TJ. “Biocomposites”, in Encyclopedia of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering, 2nd Edition, Wnek G and Bowlin G (eds.), Informa Healthcare USA, ISBN 9781420078022. pp. 179-194, 2008.
1. Liu H and Webster TJ. “Bioinspired Nanocomposites for Orthopedic Applications”, in Nanotechnology for the Regeneration of Hard and Soft Tissues, Webster TJ (ed), World Scientific, pp. 1-52, 2007.